Maintenance Department - PM
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of all the mechanical equipment and systems in the plant and for performing daily pre-operational inspections and repairs as necessary. This position is responsible for boiler operation of a high pressure boiler. SHIFT: Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday 11:00PM – 7:30AM. Hourly wage: $30.73.
- Accountable for the preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment as per work order requests, equipment stoppages or breakdowns.
- Accountable to adhere to and utilize company policies and procedures and HACCP regulations.
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for co-workers, customers and visitors.
- Work in a safe, responsive manner, respecting workplace safety policies and procedure.
- 4th Class Power Engineering plus at least two years of experience performing repairs in a food processing setting.
- Grade 12 Diploma or High School equivalent
- Mechanical, electrical and refrigeration systems knowledge, and an ability to use power and manual tools
- Basic computer knowledge and math skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Good attendance & work ethics
- Physical Effort: Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirement to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Physical Environment: Frequent exposure to factors such as temperature variations/extremes, fumes, moving machinery, humidity and toxic materials which cause periods of extreme discomfort and/or moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention, either hearing or seeing to what is happening.
- Mental Stress: there is some modest pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards. Work is somewhat repetitious.
Build your career, apply today!