Information Technology Co-op-Markham
Please note this is a Fall Co-op term from September – December
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Operations East the IT Co-op position is responsible for providing first level support for end users relating to computing hardware, network permissions and software applications in use. Network security, file access permissions, hardware/software updates and upgrades are also significant accountabilities to this position.
- Provide first level support to end users for hardware and application related Issues including e-mail;
- Responsible for monitoring and assigning network permissions to shared files and installed applications configuration;
- Monitor server event viewers to ensure proper operations and investigate/resolve issues or escalate as necessary;
- Prepare and deploy images on to notebooks and desktops for end users including profiles;
- Monitor daily backup jobs to ensure successful completion, address failures or escalate if unable to address;
- Update ticketing system and inventory.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program;
- Knowledge of Microsoft's Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite and Symantec Backup Exec;
- Technical experience in desktop and notebook hardware and the related Microsoft Operating Systems;
- Understanding of enterprise computer operations best practices;
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain Industry knowledge;
- Access to a vehicle is required for travel to other Sofina locations across the GTA.