SHIFT AVAILABLE: Monday to Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm or 3:00-11:30pm. Must be flexible for either shift.
RATE OF PAY: $16.06 with increases at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months.
Working strictly in compliance with all Health &Safety and Food Safety requirements, perform various line processing /packaging tasks in a safe and productive manner.
- FEEDING: Place and align various products on the feeding conveyor in a consistent steady flow.
- BATTER: Keep the portions separated.
- SORTING: As required, inspect finished product on the line.
- PACKAGING: Put finished product into bags and/or boxes.
- MASTERS: Fill masters with bags or boxes of various weights, place on skids.
- BOX MAKING: Affixing label to form the box and use a hand stamp to apply a code date as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift and or move materials
- This position requires 100% physical effort entailing standing, lifting and repetitive movements.
- The work environment is wet, damp, and dusty and refrigerated (50 degree F or less).
- Occasionally working in freezer environment. Warm clothing is required.
- The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection is mandatory.
- The use of safety rubber boots is mandatory.
- All PPE must be used as required for safety.
- There may be occasional travel between plants.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.